ILLOVO SUGAR IS A LEADING GLOBAL LOW-COST SUGAR PRODUCER AND A SIGNIFICANT MANUFACTURER OF HIGH-VALUE DOWNSTREAM PRODUCTS. THE GROUP IS THE BIGGEST SUGAR PRODUCER IN AFRICA AND HAS EXTENSIVE AGRICULTURAL AND MANUFACTURING OPERATIONS IN SIX AFRICAN COUNTRIES.
Illovo is listed on the JSE Ltd and is a subsidiary of Associated British Foods plc. We strive to be a moral performance-focused organization that people are proud to work for and where they are challenged to ‘go the extra mile’. Our employees feel they can make a difference and know that good performance is recognized.
Employee value proposition
At Illovo Sugar we are committed to the success of our people. Our Talent Management Strategy focuses on attraction, development and retention of talented staff. Our goal is to ensure that talented employees realize their career aspirations and feel valued as important contributors to the success of the organization. We offer market-related packages with benefits including performance bonuses, and have talent review processes and robust talent development programmes in place.
We are also committed to the upliftment of the communities in which we operate. In addition to operating a group-wide CSR programme, we also offer bursaries to the children of our employees. Our success is not measured by bottom-line numbers alone, but also by the development and improvements we make in these communities.
Graduate recruitment programme
Our Graduate Programmes are aimed at cultivating the talent of young people who do not have experience but show potential and above average learning aptitude. We are looking for people who will grow with the business and keep abreast with new developments in their fields.
Individuals who are career-orientated and show the ability to learn and grow, as well as a willingness to go the extra mile to deliver results, have the attributes we look for when we recruit for our EIT (Engineer in Training) Programme and TOPP Programme. Good communication skills are also a must. Our success is evidenced by a growing number of employees who commenced their careers at Illovo as trainees and who now occupy senior positions in the business.
Employees who show potential for leadership at senior levels are groomed through the HIPOs (High Potentials) Development Programme. HIPOs are given the opportunity to attend leading local business schools and to be seconded to our African Operations and British Sugar (who take responsibility for all Associated British Foods’ sugar interests globally) as part of their development.
Career opportunities at Illovo are in the fields of engineering, accounting and finance, human resources, agriculture, marketing and logistics. These opportunities are available within our South African operations as well as other African countries such as Malawi, Mozambique, Swaziland, Tanzania and Zambia. Talented staff are given opportunities to work in any of these operations through our secondment programme.
EIT PROGRAMME IS CLOSED FOR THE YEAR
STEPS TO FOLLOW IN THE EIT APPLICATION PROCESS
- Download this document - this will help you gather the information that is required in your online application.
- Ensure that you have an email address that you can use to activate your account. If you do not have an email account, visit www.yahoo.com and create one.
- Return to this page and click the "Apply" link. This will direct you to a registration page
- Enter your details on the registration page and hit Submit
- An email will be sent to your Email account. You need to log in to your email account and wait for your activation email to come through. Sometimes your activation email can get caught in your junk or spam filters. If this is the case and you don't receive an activation email, email email@example.com with your email address and the IT team will activate your account.
- Once you have activated your account, return to www.searchillovo.co.za and login. Complete your Personal, School, and Tertiary details – have the document with the information required (step 1) open on your computer so you can cut and paste the information across. This will help you through the process and ensure that your details are saved before timing out.
- Should you have ay difficulties you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
We wish you all the best for your application. The support team is here to help you.
Please do not hesitate to ask for assistance.